Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Visceral Response

Photo by Meaghan Coles
This photograph of a 2016 Paolo Sebastian dress, taken at an A/W Couture show is something I find "stupefyingly beautiful." I think that the details on this long sleeved dress are just stunning. The texture of the lace, the sheer material, and the beading all add to the beauty of it. The photographer's use of space to focus on the upper half of the dress allow viewers to focus on the back details. The form of the buttons down the model's tan back draw a line to the concentrated area of detail and floral appliqués at her waist. The color contrast between her tan skin tone and the light, silvery colors on the dress heighten the beauty of it as well. These culminating factors are what stir feelings of beauty in me. I actually have a soft spot for fashion, but I think the allure of the dress in this photograph is enough to make even the most fashion-handicapped hold their breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment